I finally got my hands on the new Lancome Teint Miracle foundation and I love it! I was skeptical because there has been just so much hype around it, but after having seen some reviews on the net from other bloggers, and how well a previous Lancome foundation (the old Photogenic) matched my skin, I had to give it a try.
For everyday, I’d been using the Christian Dior Diorskin Nude liquid foundation and while I liked the consistency and how light it feels on the skin, it really didn’t do much for me otherwise. The Diorskin Nude is also more of a light coverage, which doesn’t build up that well.
Lancome’s Teint Miracle is a beautiful, solid medium coverage foundation. The Buff 6 shade is a perfect match for my skin! I loved how I didn’t even have to use concealer and how it doesn’t settle into or accentuate pores or fine lines. It’s fantastic for my combination skin and often tired complexion. This is definitely going to be my go-to foundation for a while!
And here are my HG cosmetics and tools:
- Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer in Ivory 6: Extremely pigmented, easy to work with and stays for hours. This is the only thing that covers my hyperpigmentation flawlessly.
- MAC Blush in Well Dressed: This has a satin finish and is the PERFECT baby pink. The color is not too warm or too cool on my skin and gives me the prettiest glow. I can wear this with anything, any look, anywhere. Nothing compares.
- Ben Nye Contour No. 1: This pressed powder creates the most natural looking facial contour ever. It doesn’t look at all like makeup, just natural shadows.
- Lancome Star Bronzer Poudre Soleil: I have strong yellow undertones and can tan very easily (but now I won’t!). I also don’t buy different foundation shades with the changing seasons, so this is my most perfect, natural summer tan in pressed powder form. I use this year round and it gives my face such natural dimension and luminosity that I don’t even consider this to be makeup!
- Ishizawa Lab ナチュデカ (Nachu Deka) Eyeliner in ネイビーグレー (Navy Grey): It’s called “Navy Grey” but goes on black. It has a sharp, felt tip that makes application quick, easy and precise. This stays put until you take it off, but is also easy to remove.
- Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner: The best and only eyeliner I can use for the water line/lower lash line. It truly stays for hours and doesn’t smudge. No raccoon eyes!
- Cle de Peau Extra Silky Lipstick: This lipstick hydrates my dry, often flaky lips, and the color lasts for hours. It feels amazing on and doesn’t have any annoying scent or taste. The colors are so natural and just beautiful.
- Christian Dior ‘Backstage’ Powder Foundation Brush: This is a natural hair, flat top brush that I use to apply my liquid and spray foundation for a fast and easy airbrushed look, without streakiness.
- MAC 138 Tapered Face Brush: The perfect size, shape and softness for contouring the face.
- Shu Uemura Kolinsky Brush 5r: Firm enough to apply and soft enough to blend eyeshadow perfectly in my crease every single time. It is so easy to use and there isn’t a single brush (even MAC) that compares to this.
- Seche Vite Top Coat: C’est vrai. Believe the hype. This stuff works! I hated doing my nails because I’m impatient and always make a mess, but this changed my mind completely.
To start off with, I thought it might be good to introduce some of my true HG products. In reading other blogs, I often find it useful to see what kind of products are HG for the writers to guage how much I can relate to their reviews and recommendations.
- Shiseido Pureness Cleansing Water: A refreshing, gentle (yet effective), and easy to use cleanser. This takes everything off, including the residue that even my Fancl Cleansing Oil and Powder miss.
- Pond’s Age Defying Cleansing Towelettes: I have to keep a pack of these around for lazy nights. These pre-moistened cleansing cloths are the fastest, easiest way to remove all of my makeup, even waterproof. The Microdermabrasion version are great as well, but I feel these are more gentle and don’t strip away as much moisture.
- Retin-A Micro: I use this for the breakouts I tend to get on my cheeks that cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. As a result, my combination/oily skin is now combination/dry. However, this has been incredibly affective against the breakouts and helps with the anti-aging process.
- La Prairie Cellular Resurfacing Cream: I can’t use products that are too heavy or oily because they will break me out, but since my skin is now a bit drier, this cream provides the hydration I need. Even from day one, it shrinks and unclogs pores, hydrates, and improves texture overnight! It feels light on the skin and absorbs beautifully.
- Jo Malone Vitamin E Gel: A few dabs of this in chapped or super dry spots, or mixed in with my moisturizer at night and voila! Problem solved. There’s also a Lip Conditioner that I like to leave on overnight that absorbs well and feels great.
- ユースキンA (YuskinA): This “Medical Cream” is a spot treatment only. It is not as sticky or as heavy as Aquaphor.The Lip Cream is my favorite lip treatment. Glides on like a dream, absorbs instantly and my lips feel silky smooth after using this.
- SK-II Whitening Source Intensive Mask: This is a cotton mask packed (and I mean dripping!) with Pitera and Vitamin C. My skin looks and feels like baby skin after using this!
- Chanel UV Essential SPF 50: This has 17% zinc oxide and provides broad spectrum, PA+++ protection. The milky consistency applies easily and goes on completely translucent (unlike Dior). It doesn’t look/feel oily or clog my pores at all.
I’ve been inspired by the blogs I’ve been following (particularly beauty blogs!) to start my own, especially now that I’m starting to really care for my skin! I hope to share some insight on my own experiences and discoveries. Thanks for reading! Ciao!